I am getting lots of press releases regarding laptops because it is getting close to back to school. The press release on the new L Series from Toshiba looked interesting. I had a Toshiba when I was at one of my prior companies and found it to be very rugged. I took at look at their current offerings and found the a nice selection of low cost laptops listed on their website including a $349 10-inch netbook (Mini Notebook NB200) and a 15.6-inch Satellite L500 (pictured below) for $504.
Toshiba Introduces New Satellite L Series Laptops: Everyday Value with Well-Balanced Performance and Features
Starting at $549.99, New Everyday Value Laptops Sport New Look and Features
IRVINE, Calif. – June 23, 2009 – Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced a new look, new screen sizes and a new direction for its popular Satellite L Series of everyday laptops. Designed for budget-smart consumers and “Back-to-School” shoppers, the new Satellite L Series of laptops strike an ideal balance of style, performance and cost at price points starting at just $549.99.
“In this new economy, consumers are demanding more choice,” said Ron Smith, vice president of marketing of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “We’ve expanded our entry level laptop line, adding more screen size options, new features and brought in our Fusion Finish to give the line a fantastic new look. It’s a great example of Toshiba’s ability to meet the market’s demands with solid, high-quality products that exemplify our commitment to value and innovation.”
The Satellite L Series consists of four model classes: the lightweight 14-inch Satellite L510/L515, the versatile 15.6- and 16-inch Satellite L500/L505 and the larger 17.3-inch Satellite L550/L555 desktop replacement. Each laptop is equipped with the latest processors and standout features like HD TruBrite™ widescreen displays, USB Sleep-and-Charge and hard drives ranging from 250GB to 500GB. Well-equipped with built-in high-speed wireless connectivity, lots of expansion ports and a choice of either Intel or AMD processor, Satellite L Series laptops are ideal for students, home users and anyone looking to enjoy digital media, staying productive, connecting online or casual gaming.
New features of Satellite L Series laptops include:
· New High Definition Displays: The new HD TruBrite widescreen displays feature stunning 16:9 aspect ratios and native 720p resolution, well-suited for enjoying digital entertainment, powering through spreadsheets or managing home finances.
· Fusion™ Finish: Proving that great style is available at any price, the Satellite L Series laptops now come dressed in Toshiba’s Fusion Finish with Breeze pattern in a Graphite color. A color-coordinated interior continues the Breeze pattern and completes the look.
· Toshiba PC Health Monitor: All Satellite models now feature this system utility that proactively checks the laptop’s critical components for problematic conditions, such as battery performance, heat and hard drive movement. The software helps users diagnose potential problems before they occur in order to protect from data loss.
· Toshiba Power-Saving Eco Utility: A utility that allows users to monitor and adjust their power consumption and settings in real-time. The utility also provides daily, weekly and monthly analysis reports that show accumulated power savings.
· Ten-key Keypad: Models with 15.6-inch and larger displays feature a built-in numeric 10-key keypad, making data entry or casual gaming a breeze.
· Discrete Graphics: Select models also include discrete ATI Radeon™ 3100 graphics.
Greener than Ever
All new Toshiba laptops are RoHS-compatible, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. In addition, all of Toshiba’s new laptops are boxed in packing made of 90 percent recyclable materials. All models of the Satellite L510/L515 and Satellite L550/L555 also include mercury-free LED displays.
Toshiba also offers a computer trade-in and recycling program to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. All Toshiba computers qualify for free recycling, while non-Toshiba computers and other consumer electronic products can be recycled for a small fee. For more information please visit: laptops.toshiba.com/green.
Pricing & Availability
The new Satellite L Series laptop models are available today in both Intel and AMD CPU configurations and can be purchased at a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide or directly from Toshiba at toshibadirect.com.
The Satellite L500/L505 starts at an MSRP of $549.991, the Satellite L510/L515 starts at $649.991 and the Satellite L550/L555 starts at $649.991.
Detailed product specifications and feature information can be found at laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/satellite.
Connect with Toshiba on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaLaptops and on Facebook.